Wednesday, June 2, 2010

100% Supported and Anticipations.

Today I had the joy of meeting with a friend for coffee. I got the opportunity to ponder and discuss what I was feeling pre-summer project. Yesterday I sent in my last support for summer project. (Raising support is when an individual shares with others the mission work they will be doing for the purpose of simply telling, asking for prayer, and donations.) I keep thinking how awesome it is for at least a few reasons. One, people would be moved enough to see value in me going to the city. Two, that God would provide (not because I did not expect promises to be fulfilled) so abundantly for this project. This is true not only for me, but for my other fellow projecters. I have heard other encouraging stories about support-raising. That funds were raised should not be surprising since I have known I was meant to go somewhere since last summer. However, until promises are fulfilled, I think there are moments of doubt between the confidence in God following through. Certainly, God does not break promises, He just does not do everything when we expect or desire Him to. I know I am frequently waiting for answers to prayers…

As I prepare to leave for summer project, I am giving up things of security. I am leaving a place I have known my whole life, quitting a part time job, and am going to be with people I have never met (some I have spoken to). At the surface this could appear irresponsible or naïve. But… I know how long this trip has been in my heart; months and months. This is not my own doing—God has allowed me to feel secure with this plan. I may be scared later. Stay tuned. For now, I am confident in what God is doing.

I am looking forward to meeting the people on project- those who are there to serve and those we are serving! It will be fun to learn about them, speak with them and laugh with them. I know I will have jokey times—I like being silly. I want to relish in the places and people I will encounter; taking every moment as valuable.

No comments:

Post a Comment