Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Slam it?

Open it.

Slam it.

Leave it ajar?

Like many, many times before, I ask God, what's next? Where do you want me?
I know, errrrt, back-up, right?

I'm here for the next six months.  Yet, it's time for me to make a decision I'm not ready to make yet.  When I first arrived here I knew that I should start praying about what was next after the end of my internship.  Yes, I'm a planner.  However, I arrived just four months ago.  I knew this time would come, but I thought I would be ready to make a decision.

This is why my prayer is to ask God, not just about staying here, but if there is something else, something different, I should do afterwards.

This is my conundrum.  I think, like many other times, God is testing me.  Saying, "Where's your faith?  Do you trust me?"  And, in His perfect time, seemingly the last moment, He will make it crystal clear to me and lead me forward. (The story about Jesus calming the storm seems like a perfect fit for this situation...I'm a disciple.)

In my determination for a black and white answer from God, I am praying that God will slam doors or open doors so that I can follow.  If you believe that God answers prayer, please pray with me.  I know God is sovereign, loves me, and desires all nations to know Him.  I pray I am compelled by this.  

2 comments:

  1. be patient- he'll answer in his own time and in his own way. I am in your same exact boat- and times it is frustrating or unclear, but i promise it will all work out how it suppose to! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete