Thursday, February 2, 2012

The So What

Recently, I went to a Social Media Conference with a couple other staff members. I'm not going to blog about the conference, but the concept of "so, what?" was brought forward. It seems very pertinent to life.

I'm doing all this things in my life, so, what? Meaning, for what purpose?

I'm reminded that I am doing inner-city ministry. So that..
God will be glorified. People will know His name, His love, and realize purpose.

Whenever I think about what I am doing or what I am doing something, I need to come back to that. Purpose is God-centered.

I wish I could easily sum-up these first few months of interning. I'm honest when I say, I'm disappointed that I have not updated since arriving. I am not disappointed, however, that I have been present in our ministry. Although, part of me often thinks, or has a tendency to think, I could be doing more.

If you have been receiving my newsletter updates, that is super awesome. I enjoy sharing what is going on with ministry, but don't get an opportunity to share what is on my heart as often.

God has been pointing me to live in the present. I often desire to know, what's NEXT? This is the planner in me--so I often look to the future. This in itself is not bad, but can lead to not be "presently present". So, I pray I can balance being in the 'here and now' and trusting God for direction and obedience. So that, I can best serve God.

These past few months we held a couple of outreaches. I have been doing some ministry of my own so that people who are often overlooked by society can know, can experience, God's great love for them. I believe, as a Christian, we are called to this.

I'm called to love others so that they can know God. I have been reminded, these last few months, of not only doing, but saying... Yes, I'm serving, so that people can know Jesus Christ in reality.

Basically, I don't know what I'm doing all the time, but trusting God, and serving God, because I don't know what is next, but I do know He wants me here right now. Thankfully, I can appreciate a mystery.

"And may these words of mine, which I have prayed before the LORD, be near to the LORD our God day and night, that he may uphold the cause of his servant and the cause of his people Israel according to each day’s need, so that all the peoples of the earth may know that the LORD is God and that there is no other. And may your hearts be fully committed to the LORD our God, to live by his decrees and obey his commands, as at this time." 1 Kings 8:59-61

No comments:

Post a Comment